Web Developer (Full Stack)
Kodal is an Exeter based development agency which designs and delivers websites, software applications and solutions. In preparation for our next wave of growth and to become one of the largest agencies in Exeter, producing high-quality solutions for our local (national) and international clients. This is a fantastic time to join our successful business and to develop your place within the Southwests best Development Agency!
About the Job
Kodal is seeking a full-time Web Developer (full-stack) to join our development team, the role will be based at our Head office on the Quay, Exeter with an allowance for at least 20% of your time to be home-based. This will be a diverse and interesting development role, working within varied client projects, from small bespoke web development to eCommerce projects. You will be required to spend most of your time working alongside others in the team as we believe that people need to be around people.
- Providing front-end and backend web development using the following technologies: -
- Frameworks: -
- App development using React Native and Expo.io.
- CSS, SCSS and HTML.
- ORMs (eloquent, doctrine).
- MySQL and other SQL/NoSQL solutions.
- Platforms (Experience not mandatory, but would be preferential):-
- Craft CMS
- Craft Commerce
- DevOps Platforms
- Including: -
- EC2 management, VPC management, S3, Cloudfront, SNS, SES, SQS, RDS
- Including: -
- Linux administration (Ubuntu)
- The candidate to must have excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- To be able to learn new skills and applications quickly.
- Personal time management (must be able to self-manage the tasks assigned).
We believe that the character fit is just as important as the skills you bring to Kodal, so for that reason, you must only apply for this role if your character matches the following traits: -
- Must be friendly and personable.
- Must be upbeat and of a positive nature.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to work.
- A drive to excel at every project or task.
- Has integrity, dedicated and honest.
- Must be a team player
Benefits We Provide
- Private health care
- Flexible home working
- Pension contribution
- All the equipment you need
- 28 days of leave including Bank Holidays + your birthday off after 2 years
- Personal training budget
- Great working environment
- Wednesday team days with coffee and pastries on us!