Web & UI Designer
Kodal is seeking a full-time Web and UI Designer with key skills in using Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator and XD), UI Design (wireframe to prototype and responsive design) and great communication skills to join our team. The role will be based at our office on the Quay, Exeter
Web and UI Designer
We are looking for a designer, with an eye for creating stunning web-based presentations and user interface designs, to work alongside our existing designer, together you will form our design department that will lead client and development projects.
Working with our clients, both local (national) and international clients, we engineer bespoke solutions for businesses that cover a wide range of use-case from website design projects to large platform or mobile app deployments.
This is a fantastic time to join Kodal and to develop your place within our friendly team-focused environment.
About the Job
We are looking for a full-time designer to join our team. The role will be based at our office on the Quay, Exeter with an allowance for at least 20% of your time to be home-based. You will be required to spend most of your time working alongside others in the team as we believe that people need to be around people to bring out the best in them and encourage a team culture.
The following skill set are essential to this role:
- Familiarity with industry-standard tools such as Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD), Balsamiq.
- Effectively communicate designs to developers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box solutions to complex user interaction problems.
- UI Design, to include: -
- Design at all stages from wireframes to mock-ups and prototyping
- Ability to think of practical solutions to answer a client’s needs
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles
- Create consistency with branding and throughout designs
- Must be able to produce unique and high-quality designs.
- Must have excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- The ability to learn new skills and applications quickly.
- Good personal time management (must be able to self-manage the tasks assigned).
- Happy to manage projects directly with the client.
- Support the QA process to make sure features are implemented as intended.
Other Skills (Preferential but not mandatory)
- Experience working with website builders such as WordPress & CraftCMS.
- Experience working with eCommerce.
- Experience working with Mobile App designs.
- Animation skills.
- Project Management experience.
We believe that the character fit is as important as the skills you bring to Kodal, so for that reason, you must only apply for this role if your character matches the following traits: -
- Must be friendly and personable.
- Must be upbeat and of a positive nature.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to work.
- A drive to excel at every project or task.
- Has integrity, is dedicated and honest.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks.