Get funding for an app or website build
The East Devon Innovation & Resilience Fund
If you have an idea that will help your business grow but struggle to get funding, this is a perfect opportunity to get a head start. Using this business fund, you can cover a large amount of the cost of a custom app, website or backend system build and give your company and the local economy a boost.
What is it?
Businesses in East Devon have set aside 2 million pounds in funding for companies to help boost the local economy. They are specifically interested in high-value employment, business innovation, environmental benefits and inclusivity.
You can apply for any amount between £2,500 and £50,000 as an individual or £150,000 with a collaborative bid - you do not need to pay this money back. To qualify your business needs to have been trading before 1st January 2021 and primarily trade in East Devon. Applications close on the 18th February 2022 or when all the funding is used up, so get your application in quick!
What projects can qualify?
You will need to have a specific idea in mind that can transform your business and have a positive exponential benefit to the local economy. Once you have your vision, you will need to know how much the project will cost. We can help by providing a quote for app funding, website funding, or any general tech funding.
As an example, your project could:
- promote higher wages for your staff
- safeguard your existing high-value employees if their jobs are under threat
- develop a new or innovative product (including digital products such as app ideas, websites, or admin systems)
- allow your business to enter new markets
- adapt your business to new markets or working practices
Protect the environment
- reduce carbon emissions
- improve energy efficiency
- promote biodiversity
Provide sustainable opportunities
- To low income or disadvantaged individuals
- To local graduates
- To alleviate poverty
What the innovation funding can be used for?
Examples of what you could use the funding for are:
- Purchasing equipment that will allow your business to diversify or create a new innovative product.
- Specialist training to enable your company to expand into new markets
- Equipment that enables your business to grow and create new higher-paid jobs
- Technologies that allow your business to become carbon neutral or negative
How can I apply?
You can apply here on the East Devon District Council website.
For more information on the Innovation and Resilience Fund visit eastdevon.gov.uk/irf/
Contact us for more information about raising funds!
"I would urge all businesses in the East Devon area to take advantage of this unique opportunity and to consider how this funding might help your business, after the upheavals of the last 18 months. We look forward to receiving your applications and project ideas."
Cllr Paul Hayward, deputy leader of EDDC and cabinet portfolio member for economy